I have gotten back to the gym, and into a weight lifting routine. Yep that’s right, for the first time in my life I am with the big boys in the weights area of the gym–and I feel great!
I know I have been told not to work out too hard, not to do too much cardio, not to get my heart rate over a certain point. However I gotta tell you, I am feeling better than I have in probably over a year–thanks to weight lifting, cardio, and my playlist. This just can’t be bad for baby making.
Yesterday morning I was at the gym and I noticed a curious thing. There was a very pretty twenty-something there (which gave some of the guys a little extra motivation to lift some BIG weights) 🙂
However, when I stopped running the old tape in my head about how much prettier she was than me, how much more in shape (I mean come on ladies, she was in her early 20’s and I’m 36). Anywhoo, once I stopped that ridiculous tape from running, I stopped looking at her, and started looking behind me at the guy who was checking me out every time I looked over.
Point being, there is always someone else out there appreciating our beauty. Problem is, often we’re so fixated on the one who isn’t, or too obsessed with eyeing up the 20-year-old.
So today I hope that each of you pause just for a moment to turn around and see just who’s appreciating your beauty!
And in that vein, for such an exercise in self-confidence, every girl must have a ROCKIN’ playlist. You know what I’m talking about, a list of songs that makes your whole body just start jiving.
I named my playlist “workout,” however after listening to it this afternoon, it’s quite clear to me that this is my Fertility Playlist. I mean I feel seriously mischievous, alive, and a little naughty when I rock out to it.
So what’s on your Fertility playlist? Any new song recommendations are VERY welcome in the Comments section of this post!
- Dont’ Cha, The Pussycat Dolls
- Please Don’t Leave Me, Pink
- Hey Ya!, OutKast
- Apologize (Workout Remix), Power Music Workout Top 40 Hits Remixed
- Pump It, The Black Eyed Peas
- Animal, Neon Trees
- I Don’t Need a Man , The Pussycat Dolls
- Get Ur Freak On, Missy Elliott Miss
- Bite The Dust, The Pussycat Dolls
- Enter Sandman, Metallica
- Just Dance, Lady GaGa & Colby O’Donis
- Boom Boom Pow, The Black Eyed Peas
- Forget You, Cee Lo Green
- Stronger (Workout Remix), Power Music Workout Top 40 Hits Remixed
- Wait a Minute, The Pussycat Dolls
- My Humps, The Black Eyed Peas
- Buttons, The Pussycat Dolls
- I Gotta Feeling, The Black Eyed Peas
- Beep, The Pussycat Dolls
- Tainted Love / Where Did Our Love Go, The Pussycat Dolls
- Feelin’ Good, The Pussycat Dolls