Today I share a very healthy, extremely yummy, recipe from FIVE AND SPICE. Proof positive that creating a healthy baby ready body can be fun, and appetizing. Enjoy!
Spring Rolls with Mango, Avocado, and Crab (makes about 16 rolls)
- about 16 medium rice-paper spring roll wrappers
- about 4 oz. cooked crab meat, gently shredded apart with your fingers
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into long thin strips
- 2-3 ripe avocados, peeled and cut into slices
- 3-4 cups thinly shredded savoy cabbage
- several handfuls of fresh cilantro leaves
- a squeeze of lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. orange juice
- 1 minced chili pepper
- Toss the cabbage with a good squeeze of lime juice.
- Submerge a spring roll wrapper into warm water for 15 seconds, until it is completely soft and pliable. Using both hands, lift it out and spread it flat on a non-sticky surface.
- Pile some cabbage, crab, an avocado slice, and a mango slice on the wrapper. Lift the edge of the wrapper over the filling and tuck it over into the beginnings of a roll, you need to stretch it a bit, but it’s a delicate balance to stretch it to its max while not accidentally tearing it. Fold in the flaps from the adjacent sides to close those edges, then continue to roll it up tightly – it’s like rolling a burrito or a wrap – and seal it shut.
- Place on a platter and continue with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- To make a dipping sauce, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, orange juice, honey, and minced pepper.